Trusts may be ubiquitous in the Australian business landscape, but they are not simple structures to administer. If you have a trust, or are establishing a trust, one aspect you need to consider is the ‘governing law’ or the jurisdiction of the trust. Let us tell you why…
Make sure that your hard work doesn’t go to waste, talk to us about managing your superannuation effectively
You have worked hard to build up your wealth and you don’t want your work to go to waste. Managing your superannuation effectively is all about getting the best outcome from the hard work you have put in over the years.
How we can help you
We can help you to implement a strategy that optimises the wealth you have built up in your superannuation, including:
- Providing you with advice about establishing a Self Managed Superannuation Fund (“SMSF”), including whether it is suitable for your particular circumstances & objectives; the benefits & costs involved; who needs to be involved in managing the SMSF; the assets that it can aquire; and the circumstances when it can borrow funds;
- Establishing a SMSF including preparing complying SMSF documents and assisting to register the SMSF with the Australian Taxation Office (ATO) if necessary;
- Assisting you to make changes to your existing SMSF, including adding or removing trustees and transferring assets to and from the SMSF;
- Advising you about SMSF borrowing arrangements (including bank funded or self funded) and preparing complying documents;
- Assisting you to manage and respond to reviews, investigations, audits or other enforcement activities undertaken by regulators including the ATO and State revenue offices;
- Ensuring that your superannuation is addressed in your Estate Planning strategy so that on your death the wealth you have accumulated in your superannuation fund is distributed in the way you intend; and
- Helping to wind-up your SMSF if it is no longer required.
Our approach is to provide clear advice and options so that much of the confusion and complexity can be taken out of the process for you.
Our Great Lawyer Guarantee
We want to be part of your team over the long term. We'll achieve this by sticking closely to the following principles:
- We'll listen carefully to understand what you want to achieve. Then we'll thoroughly explain our advice and step you through the documents. You can be sure you'll know the full consequences.
- Our lawyers work as a team, so someone will always be available to answer your questions, or point you in the right direction. You will also benefit from a range of perspectives and experience.
- One of our key goals is to pass on as much knowledge as we can, so you can make your own informed decisions. We want to make you truly independent.
- We only do what we're good at. You can be confident that we know what we're doing and won't pass on the cost of our learning.
- For advice and documents, we provide a fixed or capped quote so you don’t take price risk. If you're in a dispute, we'll map out the process and costs so you know what to expect.
- We're not in this game for our egos. We're in it for a front row seat to witness your success.
We measure our success on how efficiently we have facilitated your objectives, enhanced your relationships, and reduced the level of stress for all involved.
If we sound like people you can work with, call us now on 1300 654 590 and speak directly with a great lawyer.
Many companies nominate their accountant’s address as the registered address for their business. ...
The dust has barely settled on our Christmas decorations but we’re back and open for business. We...
A ‘unit trust’ is a commonly used structure for ‘pooling money’ and holding investment assets,...
A hybrid trust is a structure for holding investments when you want to access enhanced “asset...