It is well understood by savvy property investors that holding investment properties in a trust can offer the benefits of asset protection, estate planning and tax efficiency. The next question is whether these benefits extend to the family home. In other words, is it worth holding your family home in a trust?
Selling your business
Starting and building a business can be a lifelong passion. You’ve worked long and hard to build up your business, shouldering the risks and feeling the weight of various demands.
But there comes a time for every business owner to say goodbye and move on with the next stage of their life.
How we can help you
Selling a business is a massive distraction. It’s not something you do every day, and it’s not something you do alone. But when you do it, the stakes are high. You need to get it done right. There are no second chances.
We know how the process of selling a business is run, from beginning to end. We’ll help you manage competitive tension to get the best result, fast.
We understand that you want the best possible price, on the best possible terms.
We’ll help you:
- Find the best possible buyers for your business.
- Ensure they appreciate the full value of your business, and pay the maximum price.
- Keep them on the hook with well-managed ‘competitive tension’ all the way to signing-off on the deal.
- Minimise the strings attached, so you can move on with the rest of your life with confidence.
- When it comes to negotiating the terms, we’re also happy to be the bad guy.
Get yourself prepared
The best way to kick-off the process is to get some knowledge about what’s involved in selling your business – what’s the process going to be like, what do you need to look out for – the pitfalls.
We have prepared the following materials to get you started on the right track:
- 9 questions to ask yourself before you sell your business. This is a great article to get you started and put you in the best mindset for a successful sale.
- VideoPost: How to Buy or Sell a Business – ‘a tour de force’. This is an hour-long recorded seminar presented by Andrew on the nuts and blots of the process of selling your business. This is a must-see resource for anyone thinking seriously about selling their business.
- Are you really ready to sell your business? This article goes through a short ‘hit list’ of things you need to have in place prior to putting your business on the market.
- How should you deal with employees as part of a business sale? This article deals with the important, and technically difficult issue of how to deal with your employees as part of a business sale.
- Will I ever realise the true value in my business? This is a note written by Andrew Andreyev, the founder of Andreyev Lawyers, about his own experience in growing a business.
- 5 things you need to know about vendor finance. Sometimes you need to help the buyer of your business fund the purchase by providing them with a loan.
- Buy-Sell Agreement resources. You will find everything you need to know about Buy-Sell Agreements on this page.
Our Great Lawyer Guarantee
We want to be part of your team over the long term. We'll achieve this by sticking closely to the following principles:
- We'll listen carefully to understand what you want to achieve. Then we'll thoroughly explain our advice and step you through the documents. You can be sure you'll know the full consequences.
- Our lawyers work as a team, so someone will always be available to answer your questions, or point you in the right direction. You will also benefit from a range of perspectives and experience.
- One of our key goals is to pass on as much knowledge as we can, so you can make your own informed decisions. We want to make you truly independent.
- We only do what we're good at. You can be confident that we know what we're doing and won't pass on the cost of our learning.
- For advice and documents, we provide a fixed or capped quote so you don’t take price risk. If you're in a dispute, we'll map out the process and costs so you know what to expect.
- We're not in this game for our egos. We're in it for a front row seat to witness your success.
We measure our success on how efficiently we have facilitated your objectives, enhanced your relationships, and reduced the level of stress for all involved.
If we sound like people you can work with, call us now on 1300 654 590 and speak directly with a great lawyer.
Separation is never easy, but it can be even more difficult for business owners. This is because business owners have the added uncertainty of having their jobs (and often livelihoods) tied up in a business that is considered an asset of the relationship. For many business owners, the most daunting aspect of their separation is the possibility of losing their business.
When the Partnership Bubble Bursts: What happens if I want to continue operating the business post-dissolution?
Much like a divorce, the dissolution of a business partnership can be unexpected and difficult to manage. We have written before about what happens when someone leaves a partnership. This article goes into a bit more depth about what happens if you wish to continue operating the business after your business partner leaves.
We have written a lot of technical stuff about selling a business. But we’re finding that more and...
We have a lot of dentist clients who have downed tools during the Level 3 restrictions. One thing they have in common is that they’re making lemonade out of lemons and getting their practices ‘shipshape’ for when the restrictions are downgraded back to Level 1 or 2. If this sounds like you, read on!