It is well understood by savvy property investors that holding investment properties in a trust can offer the benefits of asset protection, estate planning and tax efficiency. The next question is whether these benefits extend to the family home. In other words, is it worth holding your family home in a trust?
Legal solutions for your business
We have an Accredited Specialist in Business Law!
You’re running a successful business, but you’ve come across a legal issue, and it’s standing in the way of the goal you want to achieve.
The problem is, you don’t know where to turn. Who’s the best lawyer for the job? How long will it take to get an answer? What’s it going to cost?
Accessing a lawyer is often like a ‘lucky-dip’. You don’t always know what you’re going to get. But the stakes are high. If you don’t get the right help from the outset, chances are things are only going to snowball.
We’ll take the time to understand your business and the challenge you’re facing. If it is within our experience and expertise, one of our great lawyers will guide you to the right solution. Otherwise we’ll do our best to steer you in the direction of someone we know and trust.
When we’re finished, your business objectives will be met. Your relationships will be enhanced. The overall stress levels of all involved will be reduced. In short, you’ll be back in control, and moving forward again with confidence.
A clear path forward
We follow a straight forward process to get you back on track:
- First, we will have a chat on the phone to find out what you’re facing, and to see if we are the right people to help. You’ll talk with an experienced lawyer from the first phone call. If we aren’t the right lawyers for your job, we’ll let you know immediately, and do our best to point you in the right direction.
- If the problem is something we can help with, we will map out a process to get things underway. We’ll ask you to send through any relevant background material. We may also talk with your accountant or other advisers. A face-to-face meeting may be needed to fill in all the details, but we’re just as happy working with you over email or Zoom.
- With the background materials in hand, we will assess what needs to be done and provide you with a Work Proposal including a fixed quote or fee-cap to guide you to a clear outcome.
If you’re happy to proceed, we then get to work alongside you to resolve your issue within a defined time frame.
At the end of this process you will have a solution to your issue, and the confidence to move forward.
How we can help
Let us help you:
- Know what’s possible – through timely and practical legal advice.
- Document your deals – with clear and comprehensive legal documents.
- Win your disputes – by adopting a strategic and measured approach.
Our Great Lawyer Guarantee
We want to be part of your team over the long term. We'll achieve this by sticking closely to the following principles:
- We'll listen carefully to understand what you want to achieve. Then we'll thoroughly explain our advice and step you through the documents. You can be sure you'll know the full consequences.
- Our lawyers work as a team, so someone will always be available to answer your questions, or point you in the right direction. You will also benefit from a range of perspectives and experience.
- One of our key goals is to pass on as much knowledge as we can, so you can make your own informed decisions. We want to make you truly independent.
- We only do what we're good at. You can be confident that we know what we're doing and won't pass on the cost of our learning.
- For advice and documents, we provide a fixed or capped quote so you don’t take price risk. If you're in a dispute, we'll map out the process and costs so you know what to expect.
- We're not in this game for our egos. We're in it for a front row seat to witness your success.
We measure our success on how efficiently we have facilitated your objectives, enhanced your relationships, and reduced the level of stress for all involved.
If we sound like people you can work with, call us now on 1300 654 590 and speak directly with a great lawyer.
Separation is never easy, but it can be even more difficult for business owners. This is because business owners have the added uncertainty of having their jobs (and often livelihoods) tied up in a business that is considered an asset of the relationship. For many business owners, the most daunting aspect of their separation is the possibility of losing their business.
When the Partnership Bubble Bursts: What happens if I want to continue operating the business post-dissolution?
Much like a divorce, the dissolution of a business partnership can be unexpected and difficult to manage. We have written before about what happens when someone leaves a partnership. This article goes into a bit more depth about what happens if you wish to continue operating the business after your business partner leaves.
We have written a lot of technical stuff about selling a business. But we’re finding that more and...
We have a lot of dentist clients who have downed tools during the Level 3 restrictions. One thing they have in common is that they’re making lemonade out of lemons and getting their practices ‘shipshape’ for when the restrictions are downgraded back to Level 1 or 2. If this sounds like you, read on!