We offer the full range of legal services needed by business owners, investors, and their families. We want to be your family’s lawyer.
Business and investment structures
- Setting up business structures, including Partnerships, Companies and Trusts
- Setting up investments structures, including Trusts and Self-Managed Super Funds
- Assisting with the franchising of a business concept
- Implementing comprehensive Shareholder Agreements, Unit Holder Agreements and Constitutions
- Setting up structures for collective investments, including Units Trusts, Unregulated Managed Investment Schemes and Regulated MISs
- Providing advice and implementing strategies to protect accumulated wealth and business assets from unjust claims
- Business sales and acquisitions
- Acting for people buying and selling businesses (ranging from small family businesses to medium sized enterprises)
- Acting for people buying into a business, or selling equity to an employee or outsider
- Preparing employment contracts and Individual Flexibility Agreements
- Advising on employee terminations, including preparing termination letters
- Acting in Fair Work Commission matters for employers
- Preparing tailored workplace policies
- Advising on and applying for trade marks
- Preparing Intellectual Property Licences
- Facilitating intellectual property assignments/transfers
- Acting in trade mark opposition proceedings
Mining & Resources
- Advising on mining tenement acquisitions
- Transferring mining tenements
- Advising resources companies
- Establishing not-for-profit organisations, including advising on structure
- Obtaining ACNC registration and DGR status
- Advising on fundraisers and other aspects of charitable work
- Implementing Standard Trading Terms & Conditions (including privacy issues, trading references, guarantees, etc)
- Drafting tailored commercial agreements, including specialised ‘one off’ type agreements
- Drafting and advising on loans and structured (and securitised) financing arrangements
- Implementing debt collection procedures, and other ‘cash acceleration’ strategies
Estate and business succession planning
- Preparing Wills and implementing more complex Estate Planning strategies
- Implementing Business Succession strategies, including Buy-Sell Agreements (funded and unfunded)
- Assisting people make a claim under a Will for an adequate share of the Estate assets (i.e. challenging a Will)
- Acting for Executors and Trustees of Wills to deal with claims for adequate provision
Property and conveyancing
- Providing conveyancing services to people buying and selling real estate, including reviewing contracts, and providing associated GST advice
- Preparing and reviewing Commercial Leases
- Preparing Land Holding Agreements (including simple Joint Ownership Agreements)
- Loans and Security
- Preparing Joint Venture Agreements and Development Agreements
- Preparing sale contracts for off-the-plan developments
- Advising on all sizes of property development
Bankruptcy and insolvency law
- Assistance with all aspects of corporate and personal insolvency
- Corporate reconstructions
- Complete small business advisory service, including director duties and liabilities, and personal liability for taxation debts
- Assisting with divorce, separation and property settlements
- Assisting in negotiating and drafting parenting arrangements
- Preparing and advising on Binding Financial Agreements (commonly known as ‘Prenuptial Agreements’)
- Assisting with the dissolution of De facto relationships
- Advising on Domestic Relationship Agreements, Spousal Maintenance and Child Support
- Acting for people in commercial disputes with third parties
- Acting for people in commercial disputes with their business partners
- Acting for people in a dispute with the Tax Office and other revenue authorities, including handling audits, objections and appeals
Taxation law and tax disputes
- Acting for people with significant tax debts to manage their situation with the Tax Office
- Providing technical tax advice on complex tax and superannuation laws
- Verifying identity and certifying documents so they can be used here and overseas.
Our Great Lawyer Guarantee
We want to be part of your team over the long term. We'll achieve this by sticking closely to the following principles:
- We'll listen carefully to understand what you want to achieve. Then we'll thoroughly explain our advice and step you through the documents. You can be sure you'll know the full consequences.
- Our lawyers work as a team, so someone will always be available to answer your questions, or point you in the right direction. You will also benefit from a range of perspectives and experience.
- One of our key goals is to pass on as much knowledge as we can, so you can make your own informed decisions. We want to make you truly independent.
- We only do what we're good at. You can be confident that we know what we're doing and won't pass on the cost of our learning.
- For advice and documents, we provide a fixed or capped quote so you don’t take price risk. If you're in a dispute, we'll map out the process and costs so you know what to expect.
- We're not in this game for our egos. We're in it for a front row seat to witness your success.
We measure our success on how efficiently we have facilitated your objectives, enhanced your relationships, and reduced the level of stress for all involved.
If we sound like people you can work with, call us now on 1300 654 590 and speak directly with a great lawyer.
Call 1300 654 590 and speak with a lawyer today
You'll be put straight through to a great lawyer who will guide you to the right solution.