It’s an unfortunate part of life, but sometimes you come across people who just don’t play by the rules. If you end up in a dispute with one of these people, things can quickly spiral out of control.
You need someone who can honestly assess the strengths and weaknesses of your position, and give you a professional view about whether you’re likely to win. You also need to know how long the process will take, and whether you can afford it.
We won’t let you run head-first into an ambush. We will help you formulate a measured response, and consider if there is some other practical way to sort things out before ending up in court.
If there is no other way out, we’ll then bring the full force of the law behind you to swiftly achieve your aim.
If you’re in a dispute, and you’re looking for a lawyer who has seen it all before, call us on 1300 654 590.
A clear path forward
Rather than running head first into a formal court process, we will:
- Carefully analyse your legal position;
- Help you understand how your legal rights and responsibilities fit in with your broader commercial objectives;
- Try to resolve your dispute with the other party, in an amicable and professional manner; and
- Finally, if an informal resolution of the problem is not possible – we will then bring our talented litigation team to the front line, and prosecute your case with full force.
If you would like to discuss how we will apply these steps to your particular dispute, call us now on 1300 654 590 for a no-obligation chat.
What sort of disputes do we get involved in?
We have experience dealing with a range of different disputes. Members of our team are in court, slogging it out on a daily basis. We regularly get involved in:
- General commercial disputes, between businesses, between businesses and their customers, and between investors;
- Debt collections matters, ranging from small recovery actions for businesses trying to get paid, to very large enforcement actions;
- Insolvency issues, including corporate insolvency, director’s liability and bankruptcy;
- Employment disputes, both for employers, senior executives and founders;
- Consumer law disputes, such as warranty claims for faulty products, as well as false and misleading conduct and franchise law;
- Taxation disputes at all levels, and against all revenue authorities;
- Intellectual property disputes, including defending trademarks, domain names, copyright, confidential information and other forms of intangible property;
- Disputes over a deceased estate; and
- Family law disputes, including divorce, property settlements, child maintenance, and custody issues.
Anybody might get the impression we’re an argumentative bunch. We’re not. We just don’t like seeing our clients get pushed around. At some stage, it’s only fair to push back.
For an honest assessment of where you stand in a dispute, call us now on 1300 654 590. You’ll be put straight through to a great lawyer, who will give you their honest view.