On an ongoing basis we have one or two students working with us to gain experience in the law.
A clerkship generally starts with a short, fixed period of unpaid work experience. If your skills and attitude match our needs at the conclusion of your work experience, we may then offer you a position as a casual paid law clerk. Once again, this is usually for a fixed period of time.
There is no set application date, and we accept applications throughout the year. However, we only take on clerks as and when an opening arises.
If you are interested in becoming a law clerk with us, please send the following to email@example.com
- A cover letter explaining what areas of the law you are interested in gaining experience in;
- A brief one page CV;
- A sample of your work at Uni, for example, a recent essay or paper; and
- An up-to-date academic transcript.
Our Great Lawyer Guarantee
We want to be part of your team over the long term. We'll achieve this by sticking closely to the following principles:
- We'll listen carefully to understand what you want to achieve. Then we'll thoroughly explain our advice and step you through the documents. You can be sure you'll know the full consequences.
- Our lawyers work as a team, so someone will always be available to answer your questions, or point you in the right direction. You will also benefit from a range of perspectives and experience.
- One of our key goals is to pass on as much knowledge as we can, so you can make your own informed decisions. We want to make you truly independent.
- We only do what we're good at. You can be confident that we know what we're doing and won't pass on the cost of our learning.
- For advice and documents, we provide a fixed or capped quote so you don’t take price risk. If you're in a dispute, we'll map out the process and costs so you know what to expect.
- We're not in this game for our egos. We're in it for a front row seat to witness your success.
We measure our success on how efficiently we have facilitated your objectives, enhanced your relationships, and reduced the level of stress for all involved.
If we sound like people you can work with, call us now on 1300 654 590 and speak directly with a great lawyer.