You have significant wealth to pass on to the next generation. You want to involve other family members in your wealth management and decision-making processes, but you don’t know how. As with all family enterprises, your legal issues are multi-faceted and need to take into account family dynamics, existing investment and business structures, as well as competing personal goals. Without a solid plan in place, the next generation might become resentful and disillusioned, leading to family tension, relationship breakdowns and disputes.
Kasia will guide you through the process of establishing an effective ‘family governance’ structure. She will help you hold your family’s wealth in the most tax-efficient and protective way, and put appropriate estate planning documents in place. At the end of this process you will feel calmer and more organised. You can get on with the important stuff now – investing, philanthropy, spending time with loved ones and continuing to grow the family business!
To get started, call Kasia for an initial no-obligation chat on 0405 962 231.
At the end of this call she will book in a time to walk you through the strategies in more detail. She will summarise the agreed plan in writing with a quote and work proposal, and then implement the plan.
Kasia has worked with many wealthy families to help them achieve their goals, whether it be to pass on wealth now or after death, or put in place a plan that brings more of the family to the decision-making table. This includes being involved with family offices and seeing first-hand what works and what doesn’t work in the context of a family board. She has assisted families comprehensively re-structure the way they hold assets, and has undertaken complex property transactions.
- Bachelor of Laws (Hons) from the University of Adelaide
- Bachelor of Arts (English) from the University of Adelaide
- Graduate Diploma of Legal Practice from the Australian National University
- Graduate Diploma in Business Law from the University of Sydney
- Family Business Australia Accredited Advisor (University of Adelaide) (current – completion in 2023)
- Admitted to the Supreme Court of ACT and South Australia
- Admitted to the High Court of Australia
- Member of the Law Society of SA
- Family Business Association (Australia & NZ)