Samantha practices as a solicitor and Trade Marks Attorney, with a focus on Intellectual Property, entrepreneurship and commercial law.
Areas of expertise
The key areas in which Samantha practices include:
- Reviewing, drafting and providing advice on commercial contracts. In particular, consultancy, service, licensing and distribution agreements;
- Intellectual Property related matters, including identifying, protecting, licensing and assigning;
- Trade Mark related matters, including searching, advising and applications;
- Research collaboration agreements; and
- Online brand management and protection.
Samantha’s personal attributes include a strong attention to detail, excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills, and analytical thinking. She enjoys getting a genuine understanding of her client’s IP and business objectives, and assisting them solve sometimes complex legal issues.
Samantha regularly works with computer programmers, software developers, online content developers, photographers, designers, architects, publishers, retailers, inventors and researchers.
Prior to joining the team at Andreyev Lawyers, Samantha’s most recent role as a Technology Lawyer had a strong focus on working with the ICT sector, including IT licensing and development, advising technology-focused start-ups and procurement.
Previously Samantha was part of the in-house team at the Legal Services Unit at the University of Wollongong, working closely with the University’s commercialisation unit, as well as protecting the University’s brand in an online context, providing advices and memos to internal stakeholders, and developing and reviewing policy.
Before that, Samantha was a solicitor in a city boutique Intellectual Property law firm.
In second semester 2016, Samantha also commenced lecturing part-time at the University of Wollongong, delivering the Intellectual Property subject to undergraduate students.
- Bachelor of Laws
- Graduate Diploma of Legal Practice
- Graduate Certificate in Trade Marks
- Masters in Intellectual Property
- Admitted in New South Wales and to the High Court of Australia
- Registered Trade Mark Attorney
- Bachelor of Arts (Visual Arts)
- Graduate Diploma Fine Arts
- Graduate Diploma in Further Education and Training
Samantha is a member of:
- The Institute of Patent and Trade Mark Attorneys;
- The Intellectual Property Society of Australia and New Zealand; and
- The New South Wales Society for Computers and the Law.
Samantha recently presented a seminar to the NSW Society for Computers and the Law on the topic of domain names, keywords, linking and the law.
Samantha has also worked in the fields of arts, education and training for over 15 years, and brings a strong sense of conceptual thinking and an understanding of visual literacy to her approach to Intellectual Property and Trade Marks practice.
In her spare time, Samantha continues to pursue her interest in the visual arts and regularly attends exhibitions. She is also captain of her trivia team.
- Phone: 0418 349 777
- Email: email@example.com