Getting a grant of probate in South Australia
When you are entrusted to deal with the estate of a deceased loved one, it can feel overwhelming. We are here to guide you through this time with compassion, clarity and certainty.
A ‘Grant of Probate’ is the official recognition by the Supreme Court that a Will is legally valid. You may need to get a ‘Grant of Probate’ before you can legally deal with any assets under a deceased person’s Will.
How we can help you
Our caring and competent lawyers can assist you by providing fixed price services, including our:
- Probate Check – you may not need to go through the expense of probate;
- DIY Probate Review – you do the work and we do the checking – saving you plenty; and
- Complete Probate Service – sit back and leave the whole process to us.
We can help you to determine if you need probate, and what will be involved given the terms of the Will and the assets of the deceased.
Call us on 1300 654 590 or email us for straight answers about the type of application you may need to make, and what will be involved.
DIY Probate Review
If you’ve already determined that you need a Grant of Probate, and you want to have a go at preparing the Probate Application yourself, we can help you with a DIY Probate Review for a fixed price.
We can review your Probate Application to pick up any common errors or likely issues in getting probate through, before you lodge the documents with the Probate Registry. With this service you will get the benefit of an experienced lawyer reviewing your application so that you are likely to get the Grant sooner.
Still got questions? Call us on 1300 654 590 or email us for straight answers.
Complete Probate Service
If you just want to sit back and have us do all the work – no problem. We will guide you through the process from start to finish for an upfront agreed fixed price.
If you would like a no-obligation quote for our Complete Probate Service, call us on 1300 654 590 or email us. We love discussing our fees in the context of the value and certainty we deliver.
The information contained in this post is current at the date of editing – 27 September 2022.
Our Great Lawyer Guarantee
We want to be part of your team over the long term. We'll achieve this by sticking closely to the following principles:
- We'll listen carefully to understand what you want to achieve. Then we'll thoroughly explain our advice and step you through the documents. You can be sure you'll know the full consequences.
- Our lawyers work as a team, so someone will always be available to answer your questions, or point you in the right direction. You will also benefit from a range of perspectives and experience.
- One of our key goals is to pass on as much knowledge as we can, so you can make your own informed decisions. We want to make you truly independent.
- We only do what we're good at. You can be confident that we know what we're doing and won't pass on the cost of our learning.
- For advice and documents, we provide a fixed or capped quote so you don’t take price risk. If you're in a dispute, we'll map out the process and costs so you know what to expect.
- We're not in this game for our egos. We're in it for a front row seat to witness your success.
We measure our success on how efficiently we have facilitated your objectives, enhanced your relationships, and reduced the level of stress for all involved.
If we sound like people you can work with, call us now on 1300 654 590 and speak directly with a great lawyer.