“Really big people are, above everything else, courteous, considerate and generous – not just to some people in some circumstances – but to everyone all the time.”
“The way to succeed is to double your error rate.”
“If you stand up and be counted, from time to time you may get yourself knocked down. But remember this: A man flattened by an opponent can get up again. A man flattened by conformity stays down for good.”
Thomas Watson Sr. (born 1874, died 1956) and Thomas Watson Jr. (born 1914, died 1993). Watson Sr. took over the Computing-Tabulating-Recording Co. (later to become International Business Machines) in 1914. In the next 42 years at the helm of IBM, he would create a model for the modern corporation, grounded in both customer and employee loyalty. He also built a global corporation based on strong sales techniques and offering customers valuable—and proprietary—products. The younger Watson, however, recognized how important electronic computing would be in the second half of the 20th century. He would lead America’s transition from punch-card tabulators to circuit-based computers, and eventually to PCs.
Watson Sr. built up a global corporation from nothing by investing in his employees and research. His son built on that success to develop and market a technology that transformed the world.
Our Great Lawyer Guarantee
We want to be part of your team over the long term. We'll achieve this by sticking closely to the following principles:
- We'll listen carefully to understand what you want to achieve. Then we'll thoroughly explain our advice and step you through the documents. You can be sure you'll know the full consequences.
- Our lawyers work as a team, so someone will always be available to answer your questions, or point you in the right direction. You will also benefit from a range of perspectives and experience.
- One of our key goals is to pass on as much knowledge as we can, so you can make your own informed decisions. We want to make you truly independent.
- We only do what we're good at. You can be confident that we know what we're doing and won't pass on the cost of our learning.
- For advice and documents, we provide a fixed or capped quote so you don’t take price risk. If you're in a dispute, we'll map out the process and costs so you know what to expect.
- We're not in this game for our egos. We're in it for a front row seat to witness your success.
We measure our success on how efficiently we have facilitated your objectives, enhanced your relationships, and reduced the level of stress for all involved.
If we sound like people you can work with, call us now on 1300 654 590 and speak directly with a great lawyer.