Zheng He’s journeys matched the risks taken by the boldest entrepreneurs—and the payoff set a high bar for six centuries of risk takers to follow.
Zheng He (born around 1371, died 1433), a Muslim from southwestern China’s Yunnan province, was captured by the Emperor’s troops as a boy and pressed into Prince Zhu Di’s corps of eunuch servants in the 14th Century. When the Prince became Emperor, he charged Zheng He with building a trading fleet to make China an imperial economic power. The servant-turned-admiral built the vaunted ‘Treasure Fleets’, comprising dozens of ships and tens of thousands of sailors, and led them in trade missions across south Asia and as far west as Africa and the Strait of Hormuz in the Persian Gulf. In seven voyages from 1405 to 1433, Zheng He spread China’s goods across the world and returned with treasures for the Ming Dynasty. Along the way, Zheng He battled pirates and established trading centres in cities like Calicut, India, during a brief era of Chinese naval dominance.
Our Great Lawyer Guarantee
We want to be part of your team over the long term. We'll achieve this by sticking closely to the following principles:
- We'll listen carefully to understand what you want to achieve. Then we'll thoroughly explain our advice and step you through the documents. You can be sure you'll know the full consequences.
- Our lawyers work as a team, so someone will always be available to answer your questions, or point you in the right direction. You will also benefit from a range of perspectives and experience.
- One of our key goals is to pass on as much knowledge as we can, so you can make your own informed decisions. We want to make you truly independent.
- We only do what we're good at. You can be confident that we know what we're doing and won't pass on the cost of our learning.
- For advice and documents, we provide a fixed or capped quote so you don’t take price risk. If you're in a dispute, we'll map out the process and costs so you know what to expect.
- We're not in this game for our egos. We're in it for a front row seat to witness your success.
We measure our success on how efficiently we have facilitated your objectives, enhanced your relationships, and reduced the level of stress for all involved.
If we sound like people you can work with, call us now on 1300 654 590 and speak directly with a great lawyer.